Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
1 medium apple, peeled and diced
2 1/2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon all spice
2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl (apple, oats, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice).
3. In a smaller bowl, mix all wet ingredients (eggs, milk, applesauce, vanilla, lemon juice, maple syrup).
4. Combine both the wet and dry ingredients until well mixed.
5. Fill each cup of a greased muffin tin with approximately 1/4 cup of the mixture.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick placed in a muffin comes out clean.
7. Serve 2 oatmeal cups warm with a bit of maple syrup and some berries. Enjoy!