8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons apricot preserves (pure fruit like this one)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
1. Using a non-stick pan (preferably one that is Teflon-free), add the grapeseed oil and garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the peppers and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
3. While the peppers are cooking, mix together the apricot preserves, sesame oil, coconut aminos, ginger, onion powder, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
4. Add the mushrooms, shrimp, and sauce ingredients to the pan and cook for 7-9 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
5. Garnish each serving with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds and enjoy!