Cashew Butter Cookies
2 cups raw cashews
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut flour
2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (for Paleo/vegan, use Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels)
- Roast cashews in 400 degree oven for 5 minutes, then remove and lower heat to 350 degrees.
- Place cashews in food processor until a thick puree (butter) forms, at least 10 minutes. If the cashew butter remains too thick, continue food processor in 2 minute increments.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Place dough in saran wrap and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Form into tablespoon-sized balls onto a lined baking sheet and slightly press down to flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 250 degrees on parchment paper lined baking sheet until they begin to crack on top and are golden brown on the bottom.