Chicken Piccata with Squash Noodles
1 pound organic boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow squash
15 grape tomatoes
1 Soffritto Flavor Bomb
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon tapioca (or arrowroot) starch
1 tablespoon warm water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
2. Place the chicken breasts (first cut into thin cutlets) between saran wrap and pound until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
3. Heat the olive oil over medium heat. While heating, beat the egg with teaspoon water until combined.
4. Pour the arrowroot start, salt and pepper onto a plate and the almond flour onto another plate.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, followed by arrowroot starch, then egg again and then almond flour. Once coated, add to hot pan.
6. Cook chicken until browned on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
7. Over medium heat, pour the contents of the Flavor Bomb into a pan.
8. While chicken is cooking, spiralize the squash (we LOVE this product by Inspiralized) and add to the Flavor Bomb in the pan, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minutes or until squash reaches desired doneness.
9. Remove the chicken from the pan and wipe down with a wet paper towel. To the hot pan, add the wine, lemon juiced butter and cook on high until reduced by half.
10. In a separate cup, mix the 1/2 tablespoon tapioca starch with tablespoon warm water and then add to the pan of sauce, stirring for a few minutes. Serve immediately over the chicken and squash. Enjoy!