3 egg whites
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut flakes
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (for dairy-free, use Enjoy Life Chocolate Morsels)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the egg whites, coconut palm sugar and vanilla extract in a stand mixer and mix on medium/high until peaks have formed.
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the coconut flakes into the egg whites, 1/2 cup at a time, until all of the coconut has been added.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, place a dollop of the mixture on a cookie sheet, approximately 1/2 inch apart.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes in a 325 degree oven until slightly golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
7. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish and heat until melted (in 20 second increments, mixing between) and dip each macaroon into the chocolate. After each macaroon is dipped, place on parchment paper to dry.