Dairy-Free Mac and Cheese
3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 cup carrots, peeled and cubed
1 cup canned coconut milk
3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 bunch scallions, diced for garnish
8 ounces pasta of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel and cube butternut squash and carrots. Place on baking sheet and lightly coat with oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- If making pasta that requires boiled water, do so while vegetables are roasting.
- Remove vegetables from oven lower the heat to 400.
- Place the vegetables in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour in coconut milk and dried spices. Pulse until smooth and fully mixed.
- Pour sauce over pasta and garnish with scallions. Place in oven to bake for 20 minutes.