Greek Salad with Cauliflower Bits
1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1/2 head cauliflower
1 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup olives
1 cucumber, chopped
1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- In small bowl combine 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, and spices. Mix well and remove 1/4 cup to set aside for salad dressing.
- Put chicken into large ziplock bag and pour remaining oil and spice mixture. Let chicken sit in the liquid in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. In the meantime, heat the grill.
- Place chicken strips on grill and flip until grill marks appear on both sides and chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower in the food processor until it forms small bits. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small frying pan over medium heat and add cauliflower, cooking it for 5 minutes and mixing occasionally.
- Place lettuce, red onion, olives, cucumber, tomatoes and chicken in large salad bowl. Mix in remainder 1/4 cup of salad dressing and top with cauliflower bits.