Buffalo Cauliflower Fritters
2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
1 cup almond flour
1/8 cup cashew milk (or dairy/non-dairy milk of your choice)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until diced finely (not pureed).
2. In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, egg, hot sauce, almond flour, 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch, and seasonings until well blended.
3. Form into discs (or smaller for more of a "bite") and coat in arrowroot starch. The mixture will be wet, it will firm up when it starts to cook.
4. Pour olive oil in a large pan and add each disc to the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. ***
5. If desired, dip into your favorite blue cheese dressing.
***If looking for a healthier cooking method, place small scoops of the mixture (without dredging in arrowroot starch) on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes per side.