Paleo Creamed Spinach
1 cup raw cashews
2/3 cup cold water
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
2 10-ounce boxes frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak cashews in a large bowl of water (cashews must be covered in water) for 2-3 hours, then drain and rinse thoroughly, discarding water from soaking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onions and garlic over medium heat with grapeseed oil until onions are translucent and tender, remove from heat.
- Add cashews and cold water to food processor and process until a thin puree is formed, adding extra water slowly if necessary.
- Mix all ingredients and place in oven-safe glass dish, baking for 15 minutes or until heated through.