Paleo Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
1 pound chicken breast, thinly sliced
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
pinch of black pepper
3 peppers, cut into thin strips (I did one of each color-red, yellow and green for aesthetics)
1 zucchini, halved and cut into small strips
- Mix coconut aminos, ginger, garlic lime juice, honey, and spices into small bowl.
- Place arrowroot starch in shallow bowl. Place chicken in bowl and fully coat with arrowroot.
- Heat coconut oil in large wok, rotating pan to help oil to reach the sides. Place chicken in the wok and cook for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Flip each piece of chicken and pour in half of marinade. Continue to cook the chicken for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put peppers, zucchini and the remainder of the marinade into the wok and cook for about 10 minutes, until vegetables become soft, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over Ginger and Lime Carrot Rice.