2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons oil
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 head of broccoli
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 medium zucchini
1 large eggplant
2 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop stems off of the broccoli and drizzle with oil and salt on large roasting pan. Roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- While the broccoli is roasting, sauté garlic over medium heat and add ground meat and spices.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the vegetables. I used a mandolin for the zucchini and eggplant, but if you can carefully thinly slice them with a knife, that will work as well.
- When the broccoli is finished roasting and the meat is done cooking, begin to layer the lasagna in a 9x13 baking dish (see pictures below). Lower the heat on the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay down the eggplant to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the zucchini in the opposite direction on top of the eggplant.
- Scoop half of the ground meat over the zucchini.
- Cover with 1 cup of tomato sauce and the slices of onion.
- Top the onion with the rest of the eggplant.
- Scoop the other half of the ground meat over the eggplant and top with 1 cup tomato sauce.
- Place broccoli on top and 3/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Cook at 350 degrees, covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes, uncovering for the last 10 minutes.