Paleo Sesame Chicken
9 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
1 cup arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
3/4 cup orange juice
1/8 cup coconut aminos
1/8 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cups broccoli florets
1. Combine the arrowroot starch, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, and black pepper in a bowl.
2. Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
3. First dip the chicken in the egg and then dredge in the flour mixture.
4. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, and once hot, add the chicken. Flip the chicken after approximately 5 minutes or until one side has browned.
5. After another 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. While the broccoli is cooking, mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and add to the pan, lowering the heat to a simmer and cover for 5 minutes. Mix well so the sauce coats all of the ingredients.