Paleo Turkey and Egg Breakfast Skillet
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup tomato sauce
- Heat oil in large frying pan. (Using a cast iron is best, but not required for this dish.) Add onion and garlic and cook over low heat until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey and spices and cook over medium-low heat.
- Just before the turkey is fully cooked, add 1 cup of tomato sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Make pockets in your pan to create a space for the eggs.
- Break each of the 4 eggs and slide them into the holes in the meat. Cover and cook on low for about 8-10 minutes, or until eggs have reached your desired consistency.