Plantain Taco Cups
1 pound lean ground meat
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup salsa of choice
2 ripe plantains
2/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup quinoa, cooked
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. First prepare plantain cups. Peel and cut the plantains in half and place in a large bowl.
3. Mash the plantains until somewhat smooth but leaving some texture. A potato masher works well for this.
4. Add the almond flour, quinoa and chili powder and stir until combined.
5. Grease the muffin tin and add 2 tablespoons of the plantain mixture to each cup (6-8), forming a well in the middle of each so it looks like a cup.
6. Place in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
7. While plantains are cooking, prepare taco meat. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
8. In a pan, brown the meat over medium heat, approximately 5-7 minutes.
9. Drain meat if necessary. Then add seasoning blend and salsa, mixing well to combine.
10. Cover and lower heat, simmering for 7-8 minutes.
11. Remove plantain cups from muffin tin (use a knife to loosen sides, they will be soft so be careful not to break the cups).
12. Fill each plantain cup with desired amount of meat. Top with toppings of choice (tomatoes, salsa, onions, lettuce, cheese, etc.). Add some of our guacamole, too!