1 bulb of fennel, sliced
1 can of chick peas, rinsed
3 cups of diced tomatoes (preferably from a box (or jar), like Pomi)
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to your liking)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups of strained tomatoes (preferably from a box (or jar), like Pomi)
2 cups stock of choice (I used vegetable)
1 pound fresh cod fillets
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. First prepare the cod. In a pot, bring the strained tomatoes, stock, and spices to a boil. Once boiling, add the fish and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook on low for 15 minutes or until fish becomes flaky.
2. As the fish is cooking, heat a large pan with olive oil.
3. Add the sliced fennel, stirring frequently, until translucent, approximately 7 minutes.
4. Add the onions in with the fennel and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Once the onion and fennel are beginning to be cooked through, add the diced tomatoes, spices (under "chickpea stew" above) and chickpeas. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve by resting a piece of cod over a bed of the chickpea and fennel mixture. Enjoy!