1 cup Ancient Harvest Quinoa, rinsed
2 cups broth (vegetable, chicken or beef)
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 shallot, sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil for frying
- After rinsing quinoa to wash away bitter taste, cook according to instructions on the package. Usually the ratio is 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups liquid.
- Meanwhile, cut up shallot and tomatoes. You can also throw in any other vegetables of your choice.
- Once quinoa has cooled slightly, add vegetables, salt, garlic and eggs. Mix well.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, making sure it is sizzling and hot enough before you put your first cake in to fry. Scoop 1/4 cup of quinoa in the frying pan at a time and gently flatten with a spatula. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. The longer you cook it, the easier it will be to flip.
- When each patty is finished, place on paper towel to absorb the extra oil.