Rainbow Grilled Vegetable Kebabs
12 grape tomatoes
1 small red pepper, cut into 12 pieces
1 small orange pepper, cut into 12 pieces
1 small yellow pepper, cut into 12 pieces
1 yellow squash, cut into 12 rounds
1 zucchini, cut into 12 rounds
1 small green pepper, cut into 12 pieces
1/2 eggplant, cut into 12 pieces
1 red onion, cut into 24-26 pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 lemon, juiced
- If you have wooden skewers, place in a large bowl of water and soak to prevent splinters and breaking.
- Cut all vegetables into pieces, about the same size and place in large bowl.
- Combine oil and spices and pour over vegetables. Mix thoroughly.
- Begin to place vegetables on skewer, in rainbow order (tomato, red pepper, orange pepper, squash, yellow pepper, zucchini, green pepper, eggplant, red onion)
- Place on heated grill for about 15-20 minutes or until fully grilled, turning every few minutes.