One more tidbit about canned salmon. Please do not be alarmed when you open the can and find some skin and bones, they are harmless and nutritious. When making these salmon burgers, I do take out the majority of the large bones and the skin, but feel free to leave the smaller bones. Not only will these small bones dissolve when cooking, but they are also an excellent source of calcium.
Yields 8 patties
1 small onion, sautéed
2, 7.5 ounce cans of Red Wild Salmon
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 teaspoons capers
Juice from ½ lemon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 tablespoons oil for frying
- Drain and empty salmon into large bowl, removing large bones and some skin. (Smaller bones will disolve as cooked)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix until well blended.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties and set aside.
- Heat oil (enough to shallow fry) over medium heat in large pan.
- Cook each patty for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.