2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
4 fillets of sole, skin off
4 large sea scallops
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, shallot, lemon juice, parsley, oil, salt and pepper in food processor. Pulse until until it forms a puree.
- In a glass casserole dish, lay the filets of sole flat. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt. Lay the spinach leaves evenly amongst the filets, breaking off the stems as you lay them on the fish. (See picture)
- Place a scallop near the end of each filet. Starting at that end, carefully roll up the scallop and the filet, securing with a toothpick if necessary. Pour the vegetable stock in the casserole dish over the fish.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, basting after 10 minutes. Scallops will be opaque when fully cooked.
- Before serving, warm the tomato puree in saucepan over medium heat. Pour into a shallow bowl under the fish.