Spinach and Corn Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 medium acorn squash
1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of black pepper
4 cups spinach
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Pierce the skin on the outside of the squash in several places and score the inside--see above.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in large skillet. Saute onions over medium heat until they are translucent.
- Add the spinach to the onions and cook over medium low heat until the spinach has cooked down. Add in corn and cook for about 3 minutes.
- While the spinach is cooking, melt the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Mix in sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Brush this mixture on the inside of the squash.
- Spoon the onion, spinach and corn mixture evenly into both halves of the squash. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.