1 large sweet potato
1 cup chicken stock
4 sausage links
1 head broccoli florets OR 1 dozen asparagus
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
4 bell peppers, any color
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of oil on broccoli/asparagus and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, peel sweet potato and spiralize with smallest blade setting. Pulse noodles in food processor until it forms small bits, about the size of a rice grain. (Note: if you do not have spiralizer, cut sweet potato into cubes and pulse in food processor until it reaches size of rice.)
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in large pan on medium-high heat. Add sweet potato rice in one layer and cook for 1-2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low and pour in chicken stock. Let stock absorb into rice bits for about 15 minutes.
- While sweet potato is cooking, cut tops off of the peppers and clean out the seeds. Place the peppers inside casserole dish. Once the rice is finished, spoon it inside of the peppers.
- Cut the sausage links into 1/4 inch slices. Heat remainder 1/2 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook sausages, turning until browned on each side, about 5 minutes. Place sausage on top of rice.
- Remove broccoli/asparagus from the oven and lower to 350 degrees. Place the green vegetable on top of the sausage layer, and place the stuffed peppers back in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the peppers are fork tender.