1 pound lean ground meat
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup salsa of choice
2 medium parsnips, spiralized
2 tablespoons vegetable broth
1/2 avocado, diced
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1/2 tomato, diced
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
2. In a pan, brown the meat over medium heat, approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Drain meat if necessary. Then add seasoning blend and salsa, mixing well to combine.
4. Cover and lower heat, simmering for 7-8 minutes.
5. Peel each parsnip and then spiralize using desired blade. If you do not have a spiralizer, use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons.
6. In a pan over medium heat, add vegetable broth and parsnips and cover. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until cooked through.
7. If desired, mix in 2 tablespoons salsa with the parsnips.
8. Serve each plate with a bed of parsnip noodles topped with meat and desired toppings including diced avocado, shredded lettuce and tomatoes.